Tuesday 9 October 2012

#take me homo


So we went to his place.
And clearly Darling Point is not that far but it felt a world away: his apartment was a sensation. 
An entire floor.
Beautifully done.
And my excitement was palpable. 
“WOW,” I said. 
“Can you tell a poof lives here?” he asked. 
Yeah, but a poof with style. 
And to tell you the honest truth I've always felt that was rare.
All these poofs who know their way around an Ikea catalogue thinking that makes them stylish.
Or even worse, there's Harvey Norman as far as the eye can see.
And as for Fantastic Furniture, well, fantastic is the one thing it's not - and if there's even a whiff, then I'm out that door.
Or if they do go for something 'designer' it's the most obvious choice.
And if a guy registers even the faintest blip on my husband-hunting radar then the way they decorate is a deal breaker.
Because for me the potential for a long term relationship with someone is dependant almost solely upon our decorating styles being able to successfully merge. 
I prefer no style to poor style.
A mattress on the floor and milk crates as bedside tables is something you can fix.
Real commitment to bad taste is not.

But there was nothing I'd fix about this guy.
The look was perfect.
Chandeliers.
Panelled walls.
Parquetry floors.
Perfect mix of fine antique and modern classic. 
He did lose points for lack of originality in a pair of Barcelona Chairs. 
But I was prepared to overlook this in favour of everything else. 
And to top it off, he had this amazing art collection. 
All contemporary. 
It was the art I'd always aspired to own. 
In fact his entire apartment and collection was exactly what I'd always planned to have when I grow up.
He's 42.
I'm 36.
Oh yeah, did I also mention he was a great shag? 
The best.
For although having this old world charm gentlemanly thing going on, he was in fact an aggressive top.
Exactly what I like in a man.
Well mannered, well dressed, well spoken, and dominant in bed.
And a keen interest to catch up again.
This weekend.
But I'm feeling on fire.
And don't think I can wait.
So I think I'll go to Stonewall tonight, and see if I can get in a little more practice.


#DNA Magazine

Facebook

@urban_homo_dna


No comments:

Post a Comment