Tuesday 16 October 2012

#cycle


OK, so tonight's spin class was the first exercise I've done since last Thursday night.
And it required quite the effort to get there.
I have been hung over every day since that same Thursday.
And I hadn't even gone out the preceding night.
I'd done a spin class that night too.
Which I followed with dinner of two Snickers Bars.
And two bottles of Pinot Gris (my new preferred grape variety).
A big night in.
As for the Snickers Bars, this is also a new thing for me.
But fast becoming something of a staple.
And may very well, therefore, go some way towards explaining a universal shrinkage of all my shirts.
Although I'm not quite ready to admit this.
I'm still blaming the washing machine.
Which considering the number of spin classes I've been doing lately is not entirely unreasonable.
Because they are supposed to be the most effective weight loss exercise ever.
And I've been doing at least 5 a week.
It's the only exercise I can do at the moment.
In my over enthusiastic bid to get #thinforbali all those months ago I uncovered some minor previous shoulder injury.
Which I ignored.
And pumped myself into my bikini body.
And now I can barely move that shoulder.
So after months of pain and frustrated body building I had an X-ray and ultrasound last week.
Ultrasound.
I know.
Am I pregnant?
No.
Diagnosis?
Arthritis.
OMFG.
And the treatment?
A steroid injection.
Not the great thing you may think.
You may as well have told me hormone replacement therapy.
#old
And not coping.
Perhaps explaining the drinking.
Which has actually increased since I finally, finally, finally gave up smoking.
Well technically I had kinda sorta given up smoking three and a half years ago.
When I started chewing nicotine gum.
And to which I had been seriously addicted ever since.
Of course I have been an on-again-off-again smoker since the age of 10.
But I digress.
I'll tell you about that later.
This is about my drinking.
Which has only been serious in recent years.
And the exercise regime that co-exists strangely therewith...
But, you know what?
My phenergan's just kicked in.
So I'm gonna have to resume tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment