Wednesday 17 October 2012

#relief


Such a bad idea to have a Phenergan on a school night.
Sure they knock you out really quickly.
But they leave you really kind of foggy the next day too.
Pretty much all day long.
I've only just emerged from the mist.
Clearly there was no spin class this morning.
But I am at that Elizabeth Taylor / Carrie Fisher stage in my life where I just can't seem to get to sleep on my own.
And I am kind of OK with that.
Works with the image of Trashy Glamour that I have unwittingly cultivated for myself.
But my doctor is refusing to give me any more Temazapan. 
Ever.
I had first asked for them when I went to London at the beginning of July.
For a week. 
Insisting they are an essential part of successful jet lag management.
He had seen reason in this.
And I became completely addicted.
To the point where I needed two just to feel sleepy.
I then went to Bali in late July.
And feigned two more overseas trips per month for August and September.
He didn't believe me when I went back a couple of weeks ago, asking for more.
He refused to prescribe.
Called me on my addiction.
And threatened to tell my mother.
Oh yeah, he's my cousin.
Damn.
Lucky an uncharacteristic bout of chronic hay favour at the beginning of Spring had the chemist recommending Phenergan.
Knocks you for six.
And is available over the counter.
#winning.
And has been helping me quieten the voices and dull the pain ever since @dr_cousin stopped being so helpful.
It's particularly nice with a glass of wine.
Or indeed a bottle.
Which is kind of where I left off.
I'm not drinking.
Until Friday of next week.
Even staying home alone these days is a risky activity.
But something I'm going to have to push myself through.
So after my Big Night In last Wednesday, I backed up with a Big Night Out.
Thursday.
Friday.
Saturday.
And Sunday.
And I really can't explain what happened to my Monday.
But let me think about it all and get back to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment