Wednesday 6 June 2012

#hash


Well wasn’t that a crazy little idea?
Never imagined that my parents would be up for it, but I threw them the concept anyway.
And now I think I have turned them into stoners.
Even though when my mother asked my father how he felt about hash cookies as a palliative medicine for his incurable cancer she was most surprised by his response: a quiet “I’ll give it a try but I don’t see what they’ll do.”
Turns out he thought she’d said hash browns, leading him to ponder the medicinal properties of potato.
However, upon being corrected he was quite amused by the thought and putting aside his bourgeois pre-conceptions in favour of his natural, scholarly attitude towards research, he heartily consented.
Stage 2 in the conversation concerned the acquiring of the ingredients.
My father, who often buys in bulk for the sake of a deal, had visions of my importing large quantities.
I assured him it was easily obtainable on any street corner within 3 minutes walk of my apartment and that it was available in handy and affordable fun-sized packs.
Mother wondered who was going to make the cookies and if there’s a particular recipe book.
Not sure, I say, but I don’t think it’s Donna Hay.
A small joke re sniffer dogs has her on the verge of booking an armoured truck to transport me and my cookies.
I tell her I can make my own way.
“As long as you keep the windows up and don’t stop anywhere.”
Ferrying hash cookies from Potts Point to Hunters Hill must constitute trafficking in her law book.
Although I’m sure she was enjoying being an accomplice to crime.


The acquiring of the main ingredient did, in fact, prove more difficult than imagined.
Local corners, usually peopled by feral peddlers hoarsely whispering “smoko”, were strangely abandoned the night I went shopping.
I did so many laps of Kings Cross I felt sure I had been pinned as either undercover cop or sex fiend.
Just as I called it quits I collided with a fifty-plus drunk woman who had the face of a car wreck and the underwhelming sales technique of a lobotomised door-to-door Christian.
I exchanged $100 for what seemed like enough pot to dull a small nation, wiped her breath from my face and took the dog-free route home.

I took delight in informing mother that the illegal part of the operation had been successfully completed.
I felt like the rebel teenager enlisting the nice girl of the neighbourhood into illicit behaviour and changing her forever.
As I have never been adept at any form of baking that does not involve the sun I felt it wise to outsource the labour for this stage of the project.
Working with the brief that ill father would not enjoy being completely out of it, @culinary_and_drug_savvy_friend produced several batches of flavoursome delights.
I sampled one from each batch.
Not necessarily a good idea.
Well, it would have been had I not had 3 in 3 hours.
Was off my head.
Drug-induced stupor had me sending a courier with the remainder to parental home, enclosing instructions to eat half a cookie about 45 minutes before evening meal and that if pain persists, finish it off.
It seemed an age that I deliberated over what to write on the dotted line headed Description Of Contents.
Felt reasonably satisfied with “medical supplies”, then ticked the non- illegal/explosive box.
Arrived at parental home for dinner 2 nights later and found father asleep on sofa.
“He’s just had half a cookie,” said mother in a loud, conspiratorial whisper.
She and I popped to neighbours’ for quick pre-dinner drink.
An hour-and-a-half later we merrily returned to find father stuffing his face on cheese and biscuits.
I couldn’t wait, he said, mouth full and eyes bloodshot.
He ploughed his way through an enormous meal and before his plate had even been removed he was making pudding enquiries.
The appetite stimulating properties of marry-a-wana, as he insists on calling it, were having the desired effect.
Other properties also in effect: he was relaxed yet loquacious, complimenting mother on her cooking.
He then made several charitable remarks on her re-decoration of the dining room, the Etruscan colour scheme making itself apparent to him for the first time. In the following days I learned that he had been sleeping better than he had since before the diagnosis.
Mother also enjoying cookies, having felt it important to share the experience with her husband.
She did, however, say she’s feeling a little porky.

I, on the other hand, was feeling anything but porky and was hoping that newly discovered abs, flattened by dehydration and a total of 14 hours of serious boogie action, would remain as such at least until 2nd date with man met in the supermarket the preceding week.
He had been hovering nervously near the fruit and veg.
I looked at his trolley for signs of upturned bananas and caught his eye.
He was very handsome, but in the manner of a TV science show host.
He looked around shyly then smiled.
I was smitten as he was also about 6-foot-4 and powerfully built.
I smiled back, then he stuck out his hand in very formal fashion and introduced himself.
Found myself saying “how do you do?”.
He is a school teacher and he has a penis shaped like a choc top.
Not that he told me that in the supermarket.
I found out 3 days later.
We had enjoyed a wholesome meal together then walked with earnest purpose to the cinema.
We saw a Woody Allen film, for the entire duration of which he held my hand.
He then suggested a cup of tea at my place.
Upon arrival he marched to the kitchen and started boiling water and searching for tea.
He stopped suddenly and announced that he was going to kiss me. He then rubbed his hands together in the manner of somebody readying themselves for a brisk walk, put his hands on my shoulders and leaned down to kiss me.
Slowly and hesitantly at first.
And then he was off.
Tongue right in.
Grinding crotch (kind of sexy although it was level with my navel).
He then lifted me up and walked me to the bedroom.
All the usual pre-amble happened and then he announced emphatically that he was going to fuck me.
I didn’t say anything – I never agree until I’ve seen it.
And when I did, I should have been scared.
But I wasn’t.
I was amazed.
It truly was shaped like a choc top.
Huge domed top and a ridged cylindrical shaft.
Decided I could get it in.
But wasn’t so sure about getting it out.
Surprisingly pain-free experience ensued with no real obstacles to either entry or egress.
2nd date followed similar course, although it dawned on me that his wholesomeness might not only bore me but also prevent me from sharing the grittier details of my life.
I gave him a heavily edited version of my weekend, to which he’d responded with “I don’t know where you get the energy.”
I chose not to mention the 6 bumps of K that had turned me into BeyoncĂ©.  Having reviewed the week I decided I needed another release.
Friends all busy or chilling.
So I called my mother.
Told her I was bored.
Come on over, she said.
We’re about to have a cookie.
Seems that while I had been sampling the delights of the cinema candy bar, my aged parents had been acquiring another taste.
Am now suffering identity crisis:
I’m an inner-city poof who shares his vices with his parents, yet feels compelled to keep them from his sexual partners.
See you in therapy.




#DNA Magazine


Facebook

@urban_homo_dna



No comments:

Post a Comment